Sunday, July 11, 2010

DeCordova Museum Garden Photos

After our stroll through the DeCordova Museum, we had some time to photograph the sculptures and gardens around the museum. I took some of the sculptures, but must not have loved them enough to make a blog post with many. My eye definitely gravitates towards nature. 


This wasn't even a sculpture, although I thought it was at first! It was an old baby buggy painted and filled with art supplies for the summer camps. 





Towards the end of our time wandering around the grounds, Jen told me about this tree you could walk inside. It was a little bit of a walk in the hot sun to get to it, but I decided it must be cool enough for her to recommend it. 

Sure enough...It was! 



My take on the museum will be coming soon...

4 comments:

  1. I love these photos! I am more partial to nature photos and I am very impressed with the vibrant colors you managed to capture, especially in the first one. Did you use a filter? I really enjoy how you zoom in onto a piece and the rest becomes blurred, but in a way you can still tell what is in the background. Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, I especially like the first one. The blue and yellow combination really pops. I also prefer to shoot nature, and these pictures are exactly why! I like your shallow depth of field, it really adds to the simplicity of these images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange branch thingy against the blue sky is breath taking. Also the picture of the sculpted woman with the hand forward is amazing

    ReplyDelete